Seattle Clothing Exchange coming July 14th. 12pm until 5:30pm. And NECESSITEA will be serving complementary iced tea!
Come enjoy great company, music, energy workers, tarot, makeup artists, haircuts, massage, and of course, CLOTHES, CLOTHES, CLOTHES!
The way to make this event
awesome for everyone is by INVITING YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS, as well
inviting by word of mouth. The more people that show up, the better a
selection there is for everyone, so please be sure to do your part to
help make this event a great success!
WHAT DOES IT COST?
- $10 cover with 20+ items brought to exchange
- $20 cover with less than 20 items brought to exchange
- "Express Shopper" hours: Come between 3-5pm for half off admission cost. Item quota still applies.
- EVERY ENTRY COMES WITH A DOOR PRIZE TICKET! *
Each person will be allowed to take away 20 lbs of clothing/costumes. Why the limit? The event in January had no limit, and some people that came later felt there were not as many options. I want to make this fair for everyone to get a shot at incredible pieces. You're welcome to bring as much as you'd like.
- Kids Price: 9 or Younger = Free with accompanying adult.
- Youth Price: 10 to 17 = half off admission
FREEBIES! There are free drinks, services, and more, but please remember to bring EXTRA CASH to tip the wonderful volunteers, bartenders, and service providers! Also, fanny packs will be on sale for $10 each if you need one. ♥
* Must be present to win
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
WHAT WILL BE THERE?
- This clothing exchange will be focused on clean, undamaged, fashionable, wearable items (for men and women).
- SUMMER and LIGHT FALL garments! Please try to keep to the season requested so that we can build current, useful wardrobes for each other.
- MEN'S CLOTHES. There is a bigger and bigger selection of men's clothes at every event - be sure to invite your fashionable man-friends!
- NEW UNISEX SECTION! Many clothes will be moved here for easy browsing by either "gender."
- COSTUMES! Please only bring costumes in great condition!
- BURNING MAN!!! BURNING MAN is right around the corner, so be sure to bring BURNER WEAR, as well as fully-functional, good condition or better Burning Man utility items such as goggles, head lamps, etc.
- KIDS clothes. For parents, there will be a separate table to swap kids clothes. However, these items will not count toward the entry item quota, so please come prepared with 20 of your own items. This table is simply for your benefit. ♥
- PLUS SIZES. Come one, come all! If you are plus size, we welcome you! There will be items available for you, but if you are not able to find anything, I will happily refund your cover charge.
WHERE DO I TRY ON?
There is an entire wall of mirrors available for trying on clothes if you don't mind being in the open. For those who like more privacy, there are private areas for both men and women to try clothes on.
WHERE DO I PUT MY STUFF?
---"SAFE ZONES" - If items are on the stage, in cubbies, or in the back
room, they are OFF LIMITS. If you are seen "shopping" these areas, you
will be asked to leave. You may leave your things here, but at your own
---MOST ADVISED: leave as much as you can at home, leave your jacket in the car if possible, and use a FANNY PACK! Items may walk off, so keep them on you, or don't bring them at all. Thank you!
---After seeing several lost phones and keys, I took action and bought FANNY PACKS for you guys! They will be for sale at the door for $10 if you want to get one for the event.
WILL THERE BE CLOTHES FOR ME?
The more people we have involved, the better the selection and the more fun we will all have, so please SHARE THIS EVENT and INVITE YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND COWORKERS! ♥
WHERE DO I PARK?
--- PLEASE CARPOOL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
--- Parking is all neighborhood, so be kind to neighbors and park smart - don't get towed!
--- Parking below Pacific St on the Burke Gilman Trail is often open.
--- Please leave valuables at home or safely hidden. Seattle Clothing Exchange is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
--- Parking in front is RESERVED FOR DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP of items ONLY.
OPEN CALL FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS or DOOR PRIZES!
If you'd like to volunteer an item or your time, please get in touch with me (Michelle R Ferris).
-- Guest Listed (bringing swap items still encouraged, however)
-- Noted on the event list, as well as in the feed (you're welcome to promo as much as you'd like on your own page or say hello on the event page as well!)
-- Photo and item/service listed permanently, as well as a bio or business description, listed in a Photo Album created for the event on the Seattle Clothing Exchange group page.
-- An amazing experience and great new connections with a fabulous community. ♥
WHAT SERVICES WILL BE OFFERED?
- Aerial massage (therapeutic acroyoga) by Nadav Nahari
- Energy work from Jessica Blessica
- Oracle Gatherings Tarot card readings by Osiris Indriya
- Jikiden Reiki session by Vila Loukas
- Crystal reading session Vila Loukas
- Quick haircuts and trims by Hether Remus
- Tarot Card readings by Joey Dash
- Tarot Card readings by Kiymbah
- Tarot or Massage (TBA) by Tahir Has
- Custom Glitterati Makeup Session by Lauren Habenicht
- Custom Makeup Session by Tony Oliver
- Soup's On! Michael Verner will be providing soup for hungry folks!
Great thanks to the many volunteers who come to work this event! Prices for services range from free to a few dollars, but either way, please be sure to donate to these wonderful people who have volunteered their time to help make this event fantastic!
* * * * * * * * * * * *
FIND OUT MORE about Service Providers, DJs, or Door Prize Donors by visiting our S.C.E. Group Photo Album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.467185870015774&type=1
* * * * * * * * * * * *
WHAT DOOR PRIZES CAN I WIN?
Winning tickets will be pulled THROUGHOUT THE EVENT!
- Energy work by Jessica Blessica
- Hair service by Jessica Blessica
- Two prizes for two lucky people: Custom essential oil blends by Michelle Mahler.
- Acupuncture treatment at Purple Dragon Healing Arts
- Hour-long massage treatment gift certificate by Becky Yawman, LMP at Purple Dragon Healing Arts.
PDHA Website: http://www.communityacupunctureseattle.com/
- Reiki session provided by French Walker
- Custom Jewelry made by Crystal Clark
- Custom item made by Leslie Stiles
- Personal coaching session by Becky.
- Handmade hat by Milliner Jessica Sydow of La Chapeau Noir!
- Art by Burgandi Viscosi. Donated is a three-layer piece that shifts between the three pieces as you move from left to right.
- Partylite set (retail value $80+) by Angie Lamb
- Handmade Jewelry by Shelly Haas of Positive Creation Jewelry
- Guest list +1 to the FALL Clothing Exchange
- Jewelry from Upcycled Shiny Things
- Art by Joey Masciotra, a 4' x 4' painting!
See Group photo album for preview.
- One-and-a-half hour hypnotherapy session by Aria Rose at Whole Body Harmony
- One-hour Reiki session by Aria Rose at Whole Body Harmony
- 12x19 print, framed, by Robin Landsong
- One month of life coaching by Becky
* must be present to win.
WHO WILL BE PLAYING MUSIC?
12:00 - 1:30 Neural Net (Mitchie Vega)
1:30 - 3:00 Xan Lucero
3:00 - 4:30 Ramiro UnitingSouls
4:30 - 5:30 Enki (Rian Jones)
Enjoy the music! Please feel free to EXPRESS YOURSELF while shopping! ♥
IS THERE FOOD OR BEVERAGES?
-- POTLUCK: Please feel free to bring an appetizer/finger-food potluck dish or drink to share, and if homemade, please label for those of us who are gluten-free or have other food allergies. We will have an area for all the nosh and sips. Thank you!
-- DRINKS: There will be sparkling, celebratory beverages served all night in the bar area. Settle in, let's have some fun!
SHOULD I SHARE THIS EVENT?
Answer: YES, YES, YES!!!!
The more people that come (especially fashion-forward friends), the better the selection becomes for all of us, and the more fun we all have! Make sure that you invite your friends, family, coworkers... Invite anyone you think would enjoy this fabulous, sustainable event!
HOW DO I CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY?
HOW DO I LEARN MORE?
FAQ about Seattle Clothing Exchange events:
TO NEWBIES AND THOSE WHO JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S UP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattleclothingexchange/doc/442021032532258/
The SPRING Clothing Exchange Event:
The WINTER Clothing Exchange Event:
EVENT PHOTOS FROM SPRING SWAP:
VIDEO FROM SPRING SWAP:
Be sure you're in the group (and getting notifications):
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE CLOTHES AND PROFITS?
Partial profits will be donated to OmCulture to better the space and give us all a place to encourage community events and involvement!
All clothing left over will be donated to SightConnection, enhancing the abilities of people with vision loss to live active, independent lives (http://www.sightconnection.org/).